Global Management Executive - President of F.G. International
AROMA MEDITERRANEAN RESTAURANT - Owner, 2005 – Present
2011 Wine Spectator international Award
F.G. International Corp. - Conference Management, 2001 – Present
Westin Hotel, Starwood, 1997 – 1999
Hilton Hotel, 1999 – 2001
Asst. General Manager
Dolce Conference Centre – Ivey School of Business, 1992– 1997
Director of Operations
Sheraton Armouries Hotel, 1987 – 1992
Director of Food & Beverage
Le Meridien Hotel - Lisbon, Portugal, 1984 – 1987
Food & Beverage Manager
Felipe expands his talents, taking on many special community projects, and earning awards for outstanding achievements for which he’s understandably proud and applauded, incl.;
• Executive producer of documentary on Portuguese immigrants, "Strong Hearts, Steady Hands"
• Guest speaker for the "Executive Meeting Planners International";
• One of (6) London speakers for the series "The Secret of My Success"
• Award by “American Express Hospitality” for the highest level of excellence in the field
• Member of the task force for Jobs Ontario, a provincial government program for the Tourism Industry.
• One of twelve experts in the hospitality industry in Canada, chosen to participate in a National project called C.A.C.U.M. (Developing a Curriculum) for the Canadore College of Applied Arts in North Bay, Ontario.
• Guest Speaker for the “Executive Meeting Planners International” topic “Food & Beverage and Creativity”.
• Chairman and founder of “An Evening for Canada” sponsoring the Canadian Culinary Olympic Team
• Publisher in 1992 of a book called “Eh to Zed” - A cookbook of Canadian Culinary Heritage.
• Board of Directors, LUSO Centre, 1998 - 1995
• Board of Directors, Portuguese Club, 1989 - 1993
• Board of Directors, Canadian Institute for the Blind, 1992 - 1994
• Board of Directors, Tourism London, 1992 -1998
• Board of Directors and Member, Rotary Club of London, 1996 - 1999 / 2011 2013
• Board of Governors, Fanshawe College, 2000 - 2006
• Board of Directors, Canadian Club, 2001 - 2007
• Board of Directors, Portuguese Seniors Centre, 1990 - Present
• Board of Directors, Portuguese National Congress, 2000 - Present
• Member of Amnesty International, 2006 - Present
• Member of the Better Business Bureau & Chamber of Commerce, 2001 - Present
• American Express Hospitality Award, 1989
• Partners in Research, Community Service Award, 2010
• Ability First Champion Advocacy Award, 2011
• Rotary International - Paul Harris Award Recipient, 2009
• Royal Jubilee Medal award, 2012
• Committee member for London 200 Anniversary, The Royal Visit, Winter Carnival, Intl. Games Exchange, multicultural events, Canadian Breast Cancer Society, Canadian Institute for the Blind, Jesse's Journey, London Community Foundation, St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation, and UNICEF.
Learning is lifelong for Felipe, who has already acquired substantial educational accreditations in his professional portfolio. His studies and certificates include:
• Elementary and College Education in Lisbon, Portugal
• Diploma, Administration and Finances, Cornell University, New York
• Certified Board Policy Governance course, by Ministry of Colleges and Universities
• Certified Meeting Professional course, by Convention Liaison Council, Washington
• Certificate, Convention & Conference Service, by I.T.T Sheraton, Boston
• Certificates of Union Relations, and Leadership, by I.T.T. Sheraton/Delta Hotels, Toronto